Below are some helpful statistics to help you realize the value of a good Disc Jockey at your wedding reception.
According to the American Disc Jockey Association:
* Disc Jockey rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service,
coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability and personality.
* Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $350.00 to $3,500.00 with an
average of $1,000.00 for a 5 hour wedding reception booking.
* A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest 12 to 30 hours in planning an
event although it may appear as if a client is only paying for "4 hours". Consultations,
music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up and tear-down, education and other
business related endeavors add up to the overall success of a special occasion.
Based on surveys taken by UltimateWedding.com, Modern Bride, Martha Stewart Weddings, and TheKnot.com, the following statistics dramatically stress the importance and value of quality entertainment in the modern wedding market:
* 72% of today's brides are using professional mobile DJ entertainers for their
* 63% of the guests attending these functions do not remember what was served for
dinner but do remember the entertainment.
* 4% to 6% is the amount most brides reserve for their entertainment budget.
* The average cost for a mobile entertainer for a wedding is between $500 to $2,000.
The cost is largely dependent upon